Ramsay's Blog

Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Color and the Shape

Today was a better day. Mama and Papa were worried the last couple of days because I was losing weight and a little yellow ("jaundiced," I think they call it). I heard the nurse say these things are normal, but you know how nervous new parents can be. I have to break them in slowly. Anyway, last night they started supplementing my meals with formula until Mama's milk comes in, and it seems to be doing the trick.

Papa keeps disappearing during the day to go to this mythical place called "home." All I know is he keeps coming back here with paint on his elbows and saying that "the nursery needs one more coat." Whatever that means. He also plays this new nickname game. When my hat falls off, he puts it back on. As my face smushes up, he calls me "Gollum." As my face returns to its normal shape, he says, "Smiegel." He's weird.

Anyway, both Mama and Papa hope that there will be more nighttime scenes that look like these rather than the one with open eyes and searching mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home