Weekly Roundup (May 28-June 3)

The biggest thing this week is the fact that everyone has finally started to notice that I'm smiling at them. They're learning--little by little, I grant you, but they're progressing. I'm so proud of them. Sunday was an exciting day. For the first time, I visited GrandB and Grandpa Marty at their house. Mama and Papa went to the nearby pool with me and my uncles and aunt. I got to splash my feet in the water a little bit, and then spend some time sunbathing (well, actually shadebathing) au naturale. We could not stay too long, though, since that evening Mama and Papa had an open house. Lots of people from church and some family came to visit. I got to meet a great aunt, a great uncle, and some cousins, big and small. Papa always has to straighten out Mama, who never remembers
if they are my first cousins once removed or second cousins--of course I'm just a little guy and can't be expected to keep that stuff straight. All I know is that they were really nice. Some of the ones closer to my size played on Papa's hammock. I can't wait until I get to do that!The 30th was GrandmaLee's birthday, and so GrandmaLee, Mama, Papa, Uncle Norwood, and I all went out to eat to celebrate that as well as Papa's birthday last week. They said they had delicious Italian food--I'm not sure about that since I slept through the whole thing, and wouldn't know what Italian food is anyway. The next day, Uncle Norwood left. I sure will miss him. I spent most of the day driving around town with GrandmaLee and Mama, who had a couple doctor appointments. I found Mama's legal pad
where she's always writing down things about me. This is what I learned: "5/31: Had very green poo. 6/1: Had partially green poo. 6/2: Doctor said not to worry about the green poo." Just as I was getting worried that all Mama notices is my diapers (which I'll admit, can demand attention), I got to this part: "6/2: This week R pulled E's hair a few times. Also he is so much chubbier and also focused--seems to be observing things more actively. The past several days he's been extremely grunty and grumpy. Seems to me his tummy hurts--the green poo may corroborate that. [here we go with the poo again....] We're trying to burp him better after each meal (& between b**bs too), but he often does not seem to have a burp in him. We all hope he will feel better and be less grumpy soon. Some feedings he is SO loud, even when sucking he grunts." Sorry about the censoring, folks--but I'm trying to keep the language clean on this blog (even though the cat keeps trying to give me pottymouth). 
On Saturday, I met another great aunt and great uncle, whom Mama and GrandmaLee met up with at the High Art Museum. They all went to see the Gee's Bend Quilt exhibit. I kept trying to share my opinion of the quilts with everyone, but for some reason, that only got me a pacifier. Anyway, Mama and GrandmaLee really seemed to enjoy the quilts. That's all for this week, folks!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home