Ramsay's Blog

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Bye-Bye (June 4-10)


The biggest thing this week was a sad one. My GrandmaLee had to leave to go back to Texas. I have really enjoyed entertaining her especially in the early mornings, when I'd come in around 4:00 and tell her the secrets of the universe in my special grunt language. She responds by reading me the financial section of the New York Times. We had great times. I'll miss her lots and lots. I know Mama and Papa will miss her too, since they put her to work cooking, washing up, and in what I can only describe as a one-woman sweatshop. I finally comandeered the camera to document the latter; it was the least I could do for my early morning buddy.
Also this week was another departure. We have all enjoyed watching a pair of Carolina wrens build a nest and lay eggs and feed their young on the deck just outside the living room. Well, this week the baby birds (3 of them) fledged. What else can I tell you? Oh yes, it was a rather social week. I guess Mama was a little lonely after GrandmaLee left, so she went to a couple gatherings of nice ladies this week. I succeeded in charming most of them. One group was a mommy group that meets in a park, and I met a few other babies my age. Mama told me I was the longest and by far the cutest of them all. This week Mama and Papa saw me get scared for othe first time. Papa and his mama were playing around and Papa splashed some water on her. It surprised her, and she made a startled cry. Well, I tell you--I woke up right away when I heard my GrandB sound distressed and I let loose with a wail. Everyone cuddled me and assured me everything was OK, and so I went back to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home