Ramsay's Blog

Saturday, July 01, 2006

June 25- July 1: I'm beside myself

Well, the big news this week is that I have learned to roll onto my side, and I've started to drool. Ah, the simple pleasures. Mama and Papa say that I'm spitting up less these days, so I know they'll be glad to have another bodily fluid to talk about. Last week Mama and Papa took me to the pediatrician for my 2 month check-up and she said that now I could be on a schedule of feeding every three hours. Guess how long it took me to disabuse them of that idea? Let's just say that by the end of this week I am back to eating whenever I want. Now don't get me wrong folks! I don't take gross advantage of my Mama and Papa--I actually go really easy on them. I generally want to eat pretty predictably every 2 to 4 hours anyway, I don't "snack" between meals, I am sleeping more and more at night, and I smile a lot and entertain them all the time. That's all a lot of work for me!
Mama and Papa also started singing and reading to me at night--I guess to try to convince me to go to sleep. Well, I'm not buying it. Not one bit. I like the singing and looking at the pictures in "Goodnight Moon," but all that just convinces me that the world is an exciting place, and if I close my eyes I'll miss something! Sleep is the last thing on my mind. So, understandably, I get pretty upset when they try to leave me alone in my crib. Sometimes I spend some time entertaining myself before I request (ok, more like demand) more attention. On Tuesday night, I was doing the former when I spotted Mama and Papa peering in at me with goofy smiles on their faces. They were watching me try to grab the dangly toys on my crib mirror. I still have not succeeded in getting hold of them--these confounded things called hands are really hard to operate! So I was swinging one arm toward the danglies, and opening and closing my fist, but came away with nothing. I have, however, succeeded in getting my fists into my mouth with greater and greater accuracy, which is a huge comfort.
Another note about nighttime: This week was to be my first full week sleeping in the nursery and not in Mama and Papa's room. I started out in the crib, but I kept getting my arms or legs stuck outside the railings (one time Mama found me with both legs and one arm stuck outside). So I went back into the bassinet, which is now in my nursery. But I dont think I'll be in it much longer, because I've gotten pretty large for it.
On Friday, Mama and Papa took me in to the doctor because of what turns out to be my very first mosquito bite. Apparently, mosquito bites on babies get a hard little nob in the center, but Mama and Papa didn't know that, and got worried by the nob. On Thursday, I got to meet the new Moderator of the Presbyterian Church (USA), which was pretty cool.
There are a few nice videos this week: One shows my training for the 1924 Olympic track team. One is evidence of my skillful kicking of my bouncy seat jumblies. And lastly, one is a backing vocal track Papa and I laid down for a future punk-hip-hop-y'allternative-reggae-bluegrasss project Papa has in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home