July 2- 8: Fireworks
Well, we don't have any photos of it, but the most exciting thing for me this week was seeing fireworks! GrandB and Grandpa Marty and we went to the park to watch the big 4th of July fireworks show in Chamblee (reportedly the best in Atlanta). We sat on the grass and they had a barbeque picnic while we waited for dark. But before the show could start, there was an announcement that a storm was headed our way, so we packed up and hurried home, arriving just in time before the rain started. The show was postponed until Saturday. Mama took me alone, since Papa wanted to get to bed early to be fresh as a daisy for church on Sunday.
Anyway, I was asleep when we arrived at the park, and kept dozing until the first firecracker went off. My eyes popped open and I looked around and a few moments later decided I should cry. But Mama was there and told me it was OK, picked me up, put me on her lap, and clamped her hands over my ears because of the loud explosions. Personally, I was transfixed by the pretty flashing colors in the sky. That was so cool! I can't wait to see stuff like that again!
I think that the most exciting thing for Mama and Papa this week was how good I am getting at sleeping at night. Not good at going to sleep, but good at staying asleep for long stretches at night. For some reason, they really like that. The best ever was on Monday night, when I slept from the end of my 9:15 PM feeding until 4:00 AM. I'm also eating a little better, at least not quitting 5 minutes into my meal. I still fuss a fair amount at mealtime, and Mama has a sneaky suspicion that I might be teething, since the description in Dr. Spock fits. I suppose pretty soon we'll see if she's right. For the hard-core fans, I've transcribed at the end of this entry another section from Mama's notebook, this one focused on (what else?) my poo, pee, and food. I will say in her defense, most of the stuff she writes down is pretty interesting, but for some reason, on Monday she got caught up in bodily functions.Other exciting news this week: I've found my thumb! And I like to suck on it every time I manage to get it in my mouth (it works much better than the whole fist). Mama has started to tell me about the little piggies that somehow are also my toes. I make spit bubbles. I like to stand up (when someone is keeping me from tipping over). I got a proper introduction to Television, sitting with the Sanders men at GrandB and Grandpa Marty's place. My feet are clammy and big. I can still fit in the laundry basket (but barely!). Papa saw me staring at the cat; I think as time goes by, I'll get more and more interested in this thing, this "cat." She used to disappear whenever I came into a room, but now I guess she's more used to me. I look forward to rubbing her soft belly and feeling her rumbling purr under my hand. Even more than the cat, I really like the dining room chandelier--I could stare at that all day! Whenever I've got my gaze locked on it, Mama and Papa say "I love lamp," and laugh. I think it is some obscure movie reference, but it will be years before I can prove it. For those of you who like video, here is one where I show how floppy I am (please don't ask about the socks--I really have no idea). Oh, and finally, I've discovered the joy of mirrors. Now I'll never be lonely again!
From Mama's notebook:
7-3-06
12:30 AM: Fed 8-10 minutes, left side
1:00 AM: Big poop (not very "seedy"). After changing him, I tried very hard to nurse on the right side. He fussed and fussed and eventually took for around 1 minute then gurgled and coughed off
6:00 AM: Peed while on changing table
6:00 AM: fed 10 min right side
8:30 AM: Pooped while on changing table
9:00 AM: Fed, right and left, 15 minutes
9:30 Didn't change diaper, but looks wet [OK, folks, everthing seems fine to this point. But please! If she went to the trouble of writing it down, why not go ahead and change the wet diaper?]
12:00 noon: Very wet [Of course!] and poopy diaper (a little green)
12:00 Fed right and left 15 minutes, some fuss between them
1:30 Wet diaper
2:00 Wet
2:15 PM: Fed 10 minutes left and 10 minutes right (15 minute break between)
5:00 PM: Wet diaper
6:00 PM: Wet diaper
7:00 PM: Wet diaper
7:30 PM Fed 20 minutes left, 10 minutes right, with a break between
8:30 PM: Wet diaper
9:00 PM: Fed 20 minutes(left then right, break between)
[And then I slept until 4:00AM the next day! Wow, I'm a good sleeper, eater, pooper and pee-er!]

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home