Ramsay's Blog

Saturday, July 15, 2006

July 9-15:Tricycle Kick



Sunday started this week with a busy bang. It was the first time I've stayed awake in church (don't tell Papa--I'd hate for him to get the wrong idea). Maybe that's because this month we've been worshiping outside, and I really do love being outside, with all the interesting sights and sounds and smells. After that, Mama and Papa took me to a restaurant
with TVs so they could watch the World Cup Final. I didn't really care who won, but I did enjoy watching the match. In fact, I was so inspired that I tried out a move of my own, something I call the "tricycle kick," which involves knocking a full glass of water all over one parent while offering a convincing "who? me?" look to the other. That evening we went to worship together at Trinity Vinyard church. Even though it seems to me that Mama and especially Papa are at church all the time, they decided that they want to worship together (that is, sitting together) every week. So we've been going to different churches each week on Sunday nights or Saturdays or weekdays. Anyway, I really liked the loud music, but once things got quiet at Trinity Vinyard, I started to speak up, so Mama and Papa took turns carrying me in and out of the service. I did show off a new talent while we were there--I spent some time grabbing and holding my own foot without any help. Now I plan to work on getting it into my mouth.
Lucky for me (and you, dear reader), the rest of the week was not quite as busy. On Monday, however, I travelled farther than I've ever been from home. Mama and Papa took me with them to Jonesboro, where they talked with people about the Middle East and showed their film about Palestinian Christians. If you're reading this, then I have to assume you know all about that stuff--they seem to talk about it all the time. Anyway, I met lots of nice people there, and I made a lot of them smile--which is quite an accomplishment when the subject matter is the Middle East these days.
I'm enjoying mirrors more and more. Also, I can grab my own hands, my clothes, Mama or Papa's arms. But I don't yet grab toys. Mama's posting a picture here that would make you think that I've grabbed a toy, but Mama put it in my hand--I didn't grab it on my own. I sure hope I can do that soon--there are so many things I'd like to get my paws and jaws on. She'd also posting a picture that would make you think I can stand up. No, not yet. Papa propped me up on the futon, so I could lean back on it. My legs are super strong and can support my weight (for a little bit anyway), but my balance is distinctly baby, and I soon topple into Papa's arms. I am putting my own thumb into my own mouth well these days, so that picture is a true reflection of what's going on here.
Exciting updates for the bodily function fans among you: On Tuesday, big hunks of earwax came out of my left ear while I was on the changing table. On Saturday, I peed twice and pooped once into the potty--that's Mama and Papa's potty! Mama was out of her mind with pride and joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home