Ramsay's Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Spring 2007

Well, I had to cry, whine, threaten, and holler, but Mama finally let me sneak onto the computer for a few brief moments. Let's see. I've been walking on my own since around 11 months (having spent several months in intensive training, "cruising" around the house). By now I've gotten pretty speedy at it! I also enjoy climbing. I can get up onto the ottoman and into the comfy chairs on my own--that way I can reach the really cool books in the bookshelves. I'm also really good at getting DOWN all by myself, which always impressed Mama and Papa. What else? I've pretty much given up the whole potty thing (what was Mama thinking anyway?!). Generally, I prefer to do my business in those nifty diapers, although occasionally I'll entertain Mama by pooping in the potty, sitting on the cool potty seat I got for my birthday. Oh yeah! I had a real birthday! On April 20, I turned 1! I even sometimes answer the question "Ramsay how old are you?" by holding up one finger and saying "unnnah." If I have time to post a video showing this, I will. But back to the birthday. GrandB and Grandpa Marty came over on the exact day and we opened presents (well, Papa opened and I filed the wrapping paper). I got all kinds of excellent things like books and toys and clothes and money for my college fund. Oh yeah, and a potty seat (I think my parents are a little weird). Anyway, on the weekend after my birthday, I got together for another party with the "lil' cousins" (Papa's cousins' kids). We played in the park and had cake. (Well, they had cake--I had the usual sweet potato and yogurt--but with a candle. I keep hearing about something called "sugar," and Grandpa Marty keeps promising to sneak me something called "ice cream," but so far I haven't really figured out what they're talking about.) I've been working on the letter G, as in GULLGGG GLUUUGGG. And currently I like to hold my hand over my head and say "oboe" really loudly. Papa likes that. Let's see. I also have more teeth (two on top and two on bottom and two more about to break through on top), I've had my first (and second) runny nose and fever, and as of mid May I no longer get Mama moo (which made Mama pretty sad--and I miss it too--but she said something about medicines she has to take that would be bad for me). There's more, of course. But for now I'd better stop with that so I have time to add photos before Mama kicks me off the machine. Thank you loyal readers for your patience!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tyche said...

Who's the cute little dude in the rash guard? Hang ten!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home