Ramsay's Blog

Monday, July 31, 2006

July 16-31: Rolling Over!


Hello gentle readers! I can't believe another month has gone by. And I can't believe I've been here among you for three months now. (I heard Mama and Papa agree that it feels like I've always been here. I guess they forgot what life was like before me.) Mama and Papa were looking back on some of my old pictures and videos. They got all glassy eyed when they saw how much I've grown. And they got all giggly when they watched a video of my wobbly head and another one of my grunting. These days my head control is much better, although when I'm tired, I still need some help. And I don't grunt like that anymore. In fact, I've found a much more exciting noise to make: the squeal-scream. I do this both when I'm happy and when I'm not happy, which can be confusing. Once, while I was happily screaming, Mama and Papa called GrandmaLee to let her hear me, and she got all worried that I was upset, and she tried to comfort me on the phone. Another noise I make of note is "may-may-may" when I'm fussy. Mama gets all excited, thinking I'm starting to say her name, but we all know that's silly. I'm only 3 months old! Also, I entertained myself a couple times by making myself snort. See, Papa has a game where he puts his hand to my nose and I snort, which makes me laugh. (It IS a funny noise.) A few times this month I flopped my own arm to my nose and made myself snort. Finally, no recounting of noises would be complete without an update on the funk-country-gospel band that Papa and I are in. You heard our previous recording a couple weeks ago, and now we've laid down another track. Check it out!

I've become interested in the stories that Mama and Papa read to me. It is nice to sit on their laps and to look at ths pictures. One of my favorites is "Big Red Barn." You can see how much I like it when GrandB reads me that story [video]. As nice as books are, though, nothing can beat feet. They're getting increasingly grabbable, and that big toe is super-suckable, and they're just great to stare at.

The most amazing thing I figured out now is how to roll over onto my belly. On Thursday the 27th, I did this for the first time. And I don't mean kinda on my side with one arm trapped underneath--I mean all the way over with both arms free. This new feat has gotten Mama and Papa very excited, but I'm still not sure what I think. Maybe when I figure out how to roll back onto my back I'll like it more. And have I told you how good I'm getting at standing up? I think I have. With Mama or Papa's hands to keep me steady, I love to stand up and look around.

Bodily function firsts for the ardent fans:I picked my nose for the first time. Not only did I get my finger up there (which I have done before), but I came out with something! Also fairly icky was when I spit up all over Papa's head, coating his hair with curdled milk. I did this while he was carrying me on his shoulders, which I really dig. I'm peeing into or onto something (bowl, potty, Mama) a few times a day now. I finished the month with a very exciting (for some) first: peeing in a public potty. (Thank you, Barnes and Noble. It was a pleasure.)

I will sign off with a list of the current nicknames that are in favor: CuddlyBear, Spurty McSpit-up, Sweetie Pie, Grumpy Gus, Puppy Dog, Diaper Dan (stolen from friends who also, apparently have a boy like me), and as always, Pumpkin.

P.S. Due to the immense work load I have (babies are busy!), I expect that I'll get to post updates monthly now, or at most bi-monthly. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home