Ramsay's Blog

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

December 2008


Sadly, one of the biggest things for me this year has been the loss of my grandpa--AKA Popo--on December 13th. I'm trying to write down my special memories of him so I can remember them always. Here are a few (and if anyone out there has any to add, please leave a comment to help me out):
· Going out to eat Mexican food on Saturday nights with Mama, Papa, Mimi, and Popo. I'd always get cheese quesadillas. I'd also usually fill up on corn chips first. And want to run around looking at the colorful chairs. Mimi, LeeLee, Mama, and Papa and I ate there after Popo died, and I sure missed Popo.
· Sitting in Popo's hospital bed eating snacks with his arm around me. Popo spent most of that time resting or trying to kiss my head. I spent my time developing a strong affection for Spongebob Squarepants.
· Running through the curtains at the Breman Home and saying “wooo” like a ghost. Everyone else was talking to each other, but Popo answered with “wooo” and a laugh.
· Once, LeeLee told me that she was going to go back to Popo’s and spend the night. Here is how she remembers our conversation: Ramsay: “no, Uncle Beej.” Alecia: “That’s right. Eventually, I will go back to Uncle Beej, but right now, I’m going to go to Popo.” Ramsay: “Popo sick.” Alecia: “Yes, Popo is sick. How does that make you feel?” Ramsay (in a cheery voice): “Better.” Ramsay was right – he was feeling better than Popo right then. :)
· Popo repeatedly tried to convince me to try ice cream. I never took him up on this. I'm sure I'll be baffled by that some day. But I still don't see the appeal. Give me goldfish anyday over that stuff.
· For me, visiting Popo in Hospice meant not only seeing him, but also a visit to their awesome play room, which has a Thomas the Tank Engine singalong video (Mama thinks prospective parents should be challenged to listen to 30 minutes of Thomas singalong songs to be sure they're really up for the joys ahead) and eating Skittles, aka "circles." I love the "S" on the skittles.
· The courtyard at Jewish home: Little girl statue, fish pond and playground that made sounds and the special swing made for wheelchairs. Also pushing Papa in a wheelchair down the hall.

2008 Month-a-Rama

January: It snowed.





































February: Home extension finished; I have a playroom!










March: It rained.











April: Gatorland. Oh, and on my 2nd birthday, I weigh 27 lbs and am 35 inches tall, and my head is 48 and a half cm around.






















May: Go Braves!










June: I swam--sorta.
























July: 4th.































August: Train museum (oh yeah, and Auntie Poo and 3mo Lee's wedding). Mostly train museum.

















































September: I picked apples.


































October: Check out my phonetically phyyyne spelling of "flowers." Yeah, I'm good.





































November: Thanksgiving (i.e. all the strawberries and bacon I can eat!)




































































December:
























Goodbye Popo. I love you.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home